Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Charlibroun   Bciaddict   Bazzer   TATTOOED DEMON GOD   Fairy Frog Mother   Bayouboas   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Charlibroun
View Profile

Boa Size?

Hey guys sorry i didnt post pics this time but have none handy and question just popped in my head....Ive had my female red-tail for about a year now and she was roughly 2 months when i got her whats the average size for females this age? shes not too big maybe 3 1/2 feet when completely extended and doesnt have too much weight on her....im feeding her 2 mice every other week, not into over feeding or force feeding so i wanted to pace it out, lemme know any advice is helpful

08/03/11  10:17pm

Bciaddict
View Profile

Message To: Charlibroun   In reference to Message Id: 2231669

Boa Size?

If she’s the one in your profile pictures than just guessing but she sounds like she’s in the right "range." for a Common Northern Boa Constrictor (Bci), which is what she looks like. She’s not a "Red Tail." True red tails are Southern boas (Bcc).

You may want to switch her to one small rat instead of two mice per feeding.

Amie

08/05/11  07:40am

Bazzer
View Profile

Message To: Charlibroun   In reference to Message Id: 2231669

Boa Size?

Quote:

Hey guys sorry i didnt post pics this time but have none handy and question just popped in my head....Ive had my female red-tail for about a year now and she was roughly 2 months when i got her whats the average size for females this age? shes not too big maybe 3 1/2 feet when completely extended and doesnt have too much weight on her....im feeding her 2 mice every other week, not into over feeding or force feeding so i wanted to pace it out, lemme know any advice is helpful

Hi,

For a female of this age, i would say that she should have been off mice ages ago and well established on rats by now. It’s not a criticism, just what most people may expect. As Amie says, if that is the female you’re on about in your photos, i would say that she doesn’t look too much bigger than my latest CB11 female BCI super salmon. I would expect a yesr old female BCI to be on medium/ large weaners at least once every 7-10 days.

If, on the other hand, it isn’t the one in the photo, and it is in fact a true redtail boa (whether that be a suriname, guyanan, brazilian, peruvian etc) then they are generally much slower growing and so this would be a typical size for one.

08/18/11  05:14am

TATTOOED DEMON GOD
View Profile

Message To: Bazzer   In reference to Message Id: 2233196

Boa Size?

Im looking to upgrading to a boa. i want one thatll not get to big 10 feet max.what would you recomend?ive got a ball python now.

12/17/11  01:03am

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: TATTOOED DEMON GOD   In reference to Message Id: 2247469

Boa Size?

Look at the parents of the snake. MOST boas are not going to get over 10 feet ever. Males are smaller than females and average around 7-8 feet as full grown adults.

12/23/11  08:13am

Bayouboas
View Profile

Message To: TATTOOED DEMON GOD   In reference to Message Id: 2247469

Boa Size?

If you want a boa that won’t get that large, we suggest one of the island boas..they tend to either be dwarf of smaller. The Hog Island is a fantastic smaller boa but be careful that you don’t get one that has been crossed with a normal bci or bcc or it could grow to that larger size.

09/20/12  01:32pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Bayouboas   In reference to Message Id: 2280885

Boa Size?

Demon God ..start your own thread
On the page in the upper left find the button
POST NEW MESSAGE..highlighted in light yellow

don’t hi jack someone else’s attempt to get good info about feeding rodents...

09/21/12  09:25am

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area