Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Boa Constrictors Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Xkabx   Fairy Frog Mother   Xkabx   Fairy Frog Mother   Xkabx   TATTOOED DEMON GOD   Cphill58   TATTOOED DEMON GOD   Jon whittington  

Member  Message

Xkabx
View Profile

Boa enclosures

i recently got an adult hog island boa and her tank seems so empty so im looking for some inspiration from anyone willing to share pics of their tanks. so if you got a boa can i please see some pics of your setup, im looking for ideas for hides or climbing stuff or anything. thanks in advance.

07/14/11  11:27pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2229077

Boa enclosures

Sorrians current tank

Here is my males old tank, and my females (on the bottom)

07/18/11  09:48am

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2229554

Boa enclosures

thanks for posting pics. great loooking tanks! i want to make something like you have in your females tank the shelf thingy i guess. does she use it much? like hide under it and bask on it, thats kinda what i had in my mind, what you got there is super simple i like it.

07/18/11  01:56pm

Fairy Frog Mother
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2229605

Boa enclosures

She uses the shelf all the time- goes in and out the hole- though shes nearly as fat as it is (4 inches) and Ill have to make it larger soon. Simple makes it easier to keep clean. I can lay inside it with inches to spare.

07/19/11  08:40am

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Fairy Frog Mother   In reference to Message Id: 2229698

Boa enclosures

my favorite store strikes again, while at the dollar store for batteries for my camera which i forgot, i found a plastic step stool (same theory as your shelf, great idea) it fits great in the tank and she coils up perfectly under it, i wish i didnt forget the batteries it was funny watching her checkin it out, and since it was only 2 bucks i got some fake plants to dress it up a bit.

07/19/11  02:42pm

TATTOOED DEMON GOD
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2229730

Boa enclosures

ok so as far as set up does a red tail need two hides?and do they need two seperate temperature sides like a ball python?and do they need lamps or not?

12/31/11  10:00pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: TATTOOED DEMON GOD   In reference to Message Id: 2249163

Boa enclosures

All snake including the RTB need proper heat / cool zones ...one side is kept warmer with whatever means you have available...lamps / heat emitters/ or under tank heaters. It’s perfectly fine to have a small fluorescent lamp for light and other heat lamps for warmth...some choose to uses no lamps and just heat devices .

1 hide is fine for the RTB ...they do not need multiple hides like a ball python.

01/01/12  01:16am

TATTOOED DEMON GOD
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2249183

Boa enclosures

cool and thank you for the info.any other info you have will be greatly appreciated.

01/03/12  10:26am

Jon whittington
View Profile

Message To: TATTOOED DEMON GOD   In reference to Message Id: 2249500

Boa enclosures

Hey There,

That green turf is really nice.You can use it over and over again.Its nice to have a few pre cut pieces that way when one piece is being cleaned and dried you can slip the other piece in your tank.

Jon Whittington

01/03/12  03:42pm

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area