Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Boa Constrictors Forum

Bonanza~Nilla   ShadowAceD   Bonanza~Nilla   ShadowAceD   Bonanza~Nilla  
 Member  Message

Bonanza~Nilla
View Profile

LOTS OF PICS AND Q’S

THis is Nilla at 5 monthes old, the rest are a day after his 1st bday (June 8)

ANd this is my first baby hes a 6 yr old Arizona Mt Kingsnake

My concern is that Nilla seems a little smaller than I figured he’d be aat a year old. I know all snakes vary. but I would really like him to reach 7 or 8 ft at least. I’ll love him all the same but I’m just wondering if this is average for his age. He’s a great eater, no loose skin with thhe exeption of what he needs to move comfortably. The other concern I have is that his head seems small to all other boas I’ve seen. I know the pics suck but all I have to use is my cell but he is beautiful in person. He’s about 3 ft loong now. I’d also like to know if there is a difference between a Boa and a Boa Constrictor because I noticed there are two different forums for them. I’D LOVE ANY INPUT OR QUESTIONS THANK YOU!!!

06/11/11  10:07pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Bonanza~Nilla   In reference to Message Id: 2224261

LOTS OF PICS AND Q’S

Firstly, you have a male boa, he is not likely to reach seven or eight feet if fed properly.

Second, you have a male albino boa, he will grow slower than a normal phase boa due to weaker genetics. All of my albinos have grown slower than my normals.

Third, there are numerous types of Boas Constrictors, Boa constrictor imperators, Boa constrictor constrictors, Boa constrictor longicauda, Boa constrictor amarali, Boa constrictor melanogaster ... etc. etc. These are all constrictor type boas.

Aside from them, there are other types of "Boas" that sit in the Boidae family, such as Anacondas, Rainbow Boas, Rosy Boas, Rubber Boas ... etc. etc. That is where the variation of forum spots comes in.

06/13/11  12:05am

Bonanza~Nilla
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2224449

LOTS OF PICS AND Q’S

Thank you that helped alot. So when purchasing his full grown tank I figured the bigger the better, but if it’s not likely he’lll get that big I wouldn’t want to spend the extra hundred or so. So what do you think would be the best size to buy? I was thinking a 72x36x24 inch enclosure but from what you said it sounds unecessary. Would a 48 in long tank or 36 be better?

06/13/11  06:55pm

ShadowAceD
View Profile

Message To: Bonanza~Nilla   In reference to Message Id: 2224650

LOTS OF PICS AND Q’S

For a male boa, a 4’ X 2’ X 1’ would be more than adequate.

06/13/11  08:12pm

Bonanza~Nilla
View Profile

Message To: ShadowAceD   In reference to Message Id: 2224668

LOTS OF PICS AND Q’S

Awesome thank you!

06/14/11  04:14pm

Back to Boa Constrictors Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area