Birds Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LokiWolf   PeregrinTook  

Member  Message

LokiWolf
View Profile

First Bird

So, I have never owned a bird before, never known anyone who has, and I sort of want to start owning birds. This may sound stupid, but this is why I’m asking. (Please don’t hate)

1. I want a macaw, but that’s just me. Are they good beginner pets? (I have no experience whatsoever) I wake up at 5:40 am every day, and go to bed about 9:00 pm. School lasts from 7:30 until 2:30 so, would that be okay for him/her? Should I get two? I would prefer not to have him/them free roaming my room, but it is possible if needed. I do have someone at home to let them out, but if the macaws don’t like that person, she probably can’t get them back in. I just don’t want to be cleaning poop of the bed and carpet every day.

2. Is there any way to make my own cage? I’ve seen some pre-built cages a little pricier that I want, but if I need to I can spend it.

3. How bad is their bite? And are they easy to tame?

4. Are they good pets in general? Companion wise?

5. If not a macaw, what other good bird?

Thanks guys!

08/16/16  04:51pm

PeregrinTook
View Profile

Message To: LokiWolf   In reference to Message Id: 2319307

First Bird

I know nothing about macaws, but I do know that budgies ( or parakeets ) are good beginners birds. If u don’t want budgies, u could try finding a website or book about macaws, That’s what I did when I wanted a guinnea pig( I never got one ). So just do some research and find a bird that’s good for u! God bless!

08/23/16  03:48pm

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area