Birds Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jon whittington   Shadow dragon   VT2012   Despina556  

Member  Message

Jon whittington
View Profile

Umbrella cockatoo

I picked up this bird a few months ago.she is 3 years old and very friendly.She likes everyone mostly kids.She goes every place with me including all the fast food places.She eats everything I eat all most.If I am eating something she jumps down comes up to me and stick her head in the same glass of Gatorade Iam drinking.She eats ice cream and also french fries and if I don’t give her these things she screams at me.Can someone tell me what she can and cant eat.

Jon

10/30/11  04:29am

Shadow dragon
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2242437

Umbrella cockatoo

My cockatiel handbook says that not chocolate, not anything to sugary or fatty, and I think cockatiels and cockatoos are enough alike for that to apply.

11/28/11  07:33pm

VT2012
View Profile

Message To: Shadow dragon   In reference to Message Id: 2245563

Umbrella cockatoo

A variety diet is the best diet for hook bills, but you really need to try and keep the fried foods and dairy scarce.

Link
Here is a link to a great, varied, and healthy diet for your much loved psittici friend from the rescue I used to work with. This link can give you some great ideas of what is ok for your umbrella cockatoo to eat.

03/23/12  01:27pm

Despina556
View Profile

Message To: Jon whittington   In reference to Message Id: 2242437

Umbrella cockatoo

Hey i have two umbrella cockatoos i had them for around 9-12 years. We feed them what we eat. What they really like is shrimp, peanut butter crackers or anything with peanut butter, pasta (really like pasta),fruits, peanuts or any type of nut try and get something with a shell so they can break it off, oatmeal cookies, etc... but they love shrimp, pasta and peanut butter the most. Never feed any animal chocolate lol.

05/16/14  08:22am

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area