Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Birds Forum

KaleidoRats   Dalime   KaleidoRats  
 Member  Message

KaleidoRats
View Profile

My finches

I got the little society finch back in Feb for my birthday. I got her and an all white girl but that one died a week later. The breeder flaked on providing me with a new finch and instead gave away all her finches to someone else and then told me after that fact >.<

The zebras I just got on Friday from a woman who got them from a breeder friend of her’s who gave her 20 of them. They’re currently in quarantine.

Amadeus (female crested society finch)

Charlie, China and Chai (Grey, white and fawn zebra finches)

07/02/11  04:15am

Dalime
View Profile

Message To: KaleidoRats   In reference to Message Id: 2227380

My finches

So cute! I’m no expert on society finches, but if they’re anything like waxbills, that single finch is gonna need a mate real fast, or it will die from loneliness. That’s only if thy’re like waxbills though.

08/14/11  03:24pm

KaleidoRats
View Profile

Message To: Dalime   In reference to Message Id: 2232816

My finches

I’ve had her since Feb and she’s been doing great. The breeder I got her from sold the societies as solo or in discounted pairs/groups and I’ve known many people to keep just one society without any problem so I think she’ll be okay. Once I get the big aviary done I’ll hopefully be adding another society or two but between the heat and the rain I haven’t gotten anywhere on that project >.<

The zebras are keeping her company and she’s particularly fond of China, the white female XD Those two are attached at the wing.

08/16/11  07:09am

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area