Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Birds Forum

BoaLova   Kamalla323   BoaLova  
 Member  Message

BoaLova
View Profile

Found an egg?..HELP

So i fond an egg on the floor and it wasn’t cracked so i picked it up and now its in one of my incubators, i think its a mocking bird egg. how do i know if it actually alive?

06/25/11  10:00pm

Kamalla323
View Profile

Message To: BoaLova   In reference to Message Id: 2226641

Found an egg?..HELP

So you found an egg in your house? Do you have mocking birds? Just wondering if you have birds that could have laid it or if a random bird flew in and dropped it off lol.

Anyways if you have mocking birds that could have laid it (a female with or without a male) then really all you can do is wait. Its simple if you do not have a male, the egg will not be fertile so it will not hatch. If you do have a male and female it might be fertile, just keep it warm and wait that really all you can do.

To see if there is something in the egg hold it up to a desk light, if there is a bird of any age in it you can see the shadow of the forming or formed yolk. If you see nothing you may just have very small chicken egg O.o j/k ofcourse dont eat it...

07/02/11  01:18am

BoaLova
View Profile

Message To: Kamalla323   In reference to Message Id: 2227372

Found an egg?..HELP

no silly, i found it outside on thhe floor. and it still hasn’t cracked . when i put it up to the light i don’t think i see anything -_-

07/06/11  07:39pm

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area