Birds Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dalime   Mellyh   Luthien159   Rudyolph  

Member  Message

Dalime
View Profile

Bird leashes

I just found out about these, and I would like to try them. If somebody could give me a review on them?

01/30/11  04:15pm

Mellyh
View Profile

Message To: Dalime   In reference to Message Id: 2201992

Bird leashes

I bought one for my blue and gold... Didn’t work. I found out that the small dog harnesses work better then the ones actually made for birds... My blue and gold has had the same one for 8 years now with no issues whatsoever :)

08/30/11  11:08pm

Luthien159
View Profile

Message To: Dalime   In reference to Message Id: 2201992

Bird leashes

These are soooo awesome, I have a hand tamed/hand fed dove that hates her cage. She flies loose in my room most of the day and just sleeps in her cage at night. This saves on mess and I can take her outside.

Introducing the Birdie Diaper and leash
Link

11/22/11  09:32pm

Rudyolph
View Profile

Message To: Luthien159   In reference to Message Id: 2245065

Bird leashes

We use one for our African Grey. It works out great on larger birds. They will hate it at first when you try and put it on but once they associate it with going outside and being in the sun etc they eventually get used to it and don’t mind it anymore. You have to be persistent though because it will be rough at first.

We tried one for our parakeets and it just doesn’t work well with a small bird. She can barely hold herself up with it on so we no longer try and use that on them.

04/01/12  03:47pm

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area