Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Birds Forum

Cisco123   Keirax   Keirax   Cisco123  
 Member  Message

Cisco123
View Profile

Taming isues

Hey, I just got another budgie and I am trying to figure out the best way to socialize her before she is very old... I am at the point in the procces where she will eat millet out of my hand in the cage. But she wont get on my hand at ALL or once she realizes that I am taking her out of the cage she will hop back onto the perch... Any thoughts???

09/08/10  05:40pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Cisco123   In reference to Message Id: 2174457

Taming isues

i was having the same issues with my lil birdy, try taking a that you have worn and put it in her cage, this gives her something of yours to get used to, leave the door of her cage open and just sit a few feet away maybe lay milit out on the ground to try and cox her out. and just lay your hand in her cage dont try to grab her just leave it there for like 30min a day. Keep her cage near your sleeping area at night and around you duringthe day if you leave turn a radio or tv on low for them to listen too. these can help calm her and get her used to your kind touch. hope this helps

09/13/10  03:23am

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2175231

Taming isues

shirt* a shirt you have worn omg it put something totaly different lol

09/13/10  03:24am

Cisco123
View Profile

Message To: Keirax   In reference to Message Id: 2175232

Taming isues

Lol, thanks :) although, she still eats the millet out of my hand but she won’t let me go near her if she thinks I will pick her up.

09/27/10  10:23pm

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area