Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Birds Forum

JessiM   Dalime   Dalime   JessiM  
 Member  Message

JessiM
View Profile

brown throat conures

Yes i am curious to know if anyone else on the forums is owned by one of these lil guys. And tell me their opinion on them, or anyone else’s opinion on these little cuties.

since they are an uncommon parrot to keep i would like to know why? i know a breeder who breeds this species and their the only ones i could find that even knew what they were lol. and even at a cheap price. what is it that this species is not as popular? is it the color maybe or that they have a bad rep.

before i owned my browny i was told that they were mean and screamers... any conure is a screamer.. and i had a hard time believing that this was really true in that they were mean biters
when i got victor, who at the time was severely sick and under weight (thats how we got him from the evil petco) he was not vicious at all, i hand fed him and re-raised him back to health.

yes he is a screamer, and will yell till he gets what he wants... but that dont happen often.. he only play bites cause he likes to rough play (like budgies when they beak box)

and their super EGO ahahahaha

but anyway my brown throat is the silliest little conure i ever been owned by, with an exception of the sunnie that i rehabed. he is also one of the most loving lil things on the planet, he will spend most of the time on my shoulder if i let him lol

so tell me whats your opinion on this little species of uncommon conure^^
my victor 2 years old

from jessi

and of course remember the most important thing NEVER BUY ANY ANIMAL FROM A PETSTORE!!!

06/25/10  01:27am

Dalime
View Profile

Message To: JessiM   In reference to Message Id: 2158280

brown throat conures

do you any of you know about canaries? well ive got a problem. there are no avian vets around and by canarie is bald with little whit stick like things coming out of its heat & neck. its not mites, i know that for sure! help me!

10/17/10  06:23pm

Dalime
View Profile

Message To: Dalime   In reference to Message Id: 2181693

brown throat conures

uh sorry If i hijacked this. I posted this when I didn’t know how to post messages... sorry

12/17/10  08:54pm

JessiM
View Profile

Message To: Dalime   In reference to Message Id: 2193079

brown throat conures

its ok...no one ever goes on here anyway.....

12/17/10  09:20pm

Back to Birds Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area