Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Member  Message

NathanU1
View Profile

New bearded dragon owner that’s very concerned

Okay, so I have owned my bearded dragon for only 3 days now. I got her from a woman I work with on the 24th it was her brothers and he passed away and she couldn’t keep it. She was going to just toss it outside but I told her I would take it. When it came to me it’s tank was filthy and needed to be cleaned very badly. It’s water dish was a paint tray the kind for paint rollers. And it’s substrate was this very thick mound of pellets that had not been changed in a very long time. She said it had gone a few days without a light cause they couldn’t find it. And she said it wouldn’t move from it’s water bowl and was just sitting in the water. But the day I got it I went out and bought the appropriate lights one for basking and one for imitated sun.
Then today I deep cleaned the tank tossed all the pellets and the dead crickets. Got the terrarium liner,fresh crickets, an actual water dish. Some rocks, and a piece of ceramic tile to bask on and a log. Everything seemed fine but, then my boyfriend noticed her beard was completely black. And it’s been that way for a few hours now. She hasn’t really moved and it seems like she doesn’t want to open her eyes. I feed her some super worms an hour ago so she is eating but still won’t open her eyes. I’m very worried I might have done something wrong. Please help.

12/26/17  10:17pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area