Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Member  Message

Jackettbeardie02
View Profile

Can I help or just let go?

Hi everyone, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on here. I’m needing some help with my bearded dragon. She is about 11 years old and I have owned her for almost all of her life. Over the last month she has become very emaciated and lethargic. I’ve done everything I can to try to help her put weight back on but it’s just not happening. She does have a little of an appetite but only for living things such as super worms and I know they shouldn’t be a staple diet. So far I have an able to get her to eat about five gut loaded super worms a day for the last three days but that is it . She has not seen a vet within the last couple years because she has been perfectly healthy up until last month. She has laid eggs three times in her life but she’s never been bred. I have talked to a vet and they said that it might just be her time to go because of her age. I just feel bad because I can’t help her. If anyone has any ideas or other opinions on what could be wrong with her, what I could do to help, if I should just let her go or if she truly has a life left please comment down below.

04/11/17  09:17am

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area