Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Daisy94x   Bananabrains18  

Member  Message

Daisy94x
View Profile

URGENT!!!! SICK BEARDIE!!!

I have a 3 year old, female bearded dragon! she has baths every week and she really loves them. however, today, i took her out of the bath as i usually would and she started frantically running around the bathroom. she has now gone extremely limp, she is pale and her beard is black. i have put her back into her viv and every so often, she keeps gasping/gulping for air and spitting out water???? does anyone know what’s happened and what to do!!!!!! she was perfectly fine before the bath! ITS A SUNDAY,THE EMERGENCY VETS DO NOT ACCEPT REPTILES, IT’S ONLY 5:30 AND THE VETS DON’T OPEN UNTIL 9

07/17/16  09:50am

Bananabrains18
View Profile

Message To: Daisy94x   In reference to Message Id: 2319134

URGENT!!!! SICK BEARDIE!!!

Beardies cannot get water in their nostrils at all!!!! That’s how they breathe! She might have almost drowned and it stressed her out explaining her frantic attitude after bath and I’m not sure about coughing up the water... I hope she’s ok :( poor thing. Don’t fill the bath as high as last time. Make sure she can keep her head above water. You’re very lucky she didn’t drown.. those nostrils are very sensitive to water.

01/17/17  10:47pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area