Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nikki1993   Saphiras mom   Beaded dragon101  

Member  Message

Nikki1993
View Profile

Sick bearded dragon.help

My bearded dragon is approximately 6 months old.he is very tiny for his age.he twitches and doesnt eat and has a swollen front leg.i was told it was mbd.im very scared he wont make it.i dont know what to do.for the first time i got him to eat something today but i dont know what i should be trying to feed him to get him better.

02/12/16  10:45pm

Saphiras mom
View Profile

Message To: Nikki1993   In reference to Message Id: 2317011

Sick bearded dragon.help

Ultimately the best would be to take him to a reptile vet and they can properly evaluate and treat him. If you are unable to do that, I can suggest some things. First it does sound like severe MLB. The best treatment I have found for that is calcium glubionate. This is more digestible than powder calcium and thus helps more and quicker. You give it in the mouth by syringe. I personally don’t have much success with forcing their mouth open (and am afraid if the baby has severe MLB, you might damage it), but if you do try, you should use a very tiny rubber spatula and gently pry the teeth open. The way I prefer takes a little more time and patience, but I put my hand under the chin and with thumb pull the side of the mouth down a little. I then put a tiny bit (so a little gets in but not enough to drool out the side of the mouth) of the solution into the gumline with the syringe. You can repeat this until you get the full does of calcium in, or, if you are lucky and quick, the dragon will open its mouth and then stick the syringe in quick and squirt the rest into the mouth. You can get calcium glubionate, syringes, and dosage by weight (as well as lots of other info and advice) on the beautiful dragons website: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/
The specific link to the calcium is: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Calciumglub.html

Also, make sure you have a good UVB bulb to stick him under after feeding and giving calcium.

02/15/16  02:30pm

Beaded dragon101
View Profile

Message To: Nikki1993   In reference to Message Id: 2317011

Sick bearded dragon.help

I have 2 beaded dragons and one is a baby. It doesn’t eat it just sleeps all day. It has a black spot on his noes when I looked that up it says when your beaded dragon has a black spot on his noes it’s sick. Just last week my other beadie try to bite it’s leg off but I shopped him in time and I split them up Into different cages. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it and am sure it doesn’t. Thx for your time.

03/20/16  07:23pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area