Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Beardielover81   Im Izzy the Dragon   Dragontears   Melb  

Member  Message

Beardielover81
View Profile

Hates outside

Why does outside scare my beardie? He is otherwise happy, but freaks out the second we go outside.

12/05/15  02:21am

Im Izzy the Dragon
View Profile

Message To: Beardielover81   In reference to Message Id: 2315990

Hates outside

Hi when I first adopted my lil girl a couple months later we were showing her the outdoors. Personally I found if ya lay on the carpet by the door (as long as they’re not the runner & hider type) and the sunshines really warm n bright they’ll get curious and like a little child get little bits of bravery then stall then go out there but all at their own pace dont rush it or if you want pick em up n plop em down in the middle of backyard but stay right there with them this builds up your trust levels for outside fun. Oh and when you hear a plane or see one stand right over top and sorta bend over to fully cover and shield your beardie they hate and fear planes, plus this is one of the best trust builders out there. Before you know it they’ll be down with the out doors. My beardies tanks on its side so she can come n go when ever and in the summer my doors open my beardie romps in and out of the house as she wants to but it took a bit of time not much just stay close show her that you’re there to protect her and give her all the time (ya u may stand in one spot for a while but its worth it

12/07/15  03:10am

Dragontears
View Profile

Hates outside

birds is why. i take mine outside in the summer all the time i even have a massive nine foor by 4 foot enclouser . but they see or hear a bird they run to me and hide . it will take time but the natural sunlight will make your beardie very very happy and they get alot more healthy

01/11/16  07:15pm

Melb
View Profile

Hates outside

I have two one male one female. My female is so easy going but my male is very dominate. I take them both out alot but i made a harness and leash for the male. Every chance he gets he runs and puffs his beard. He feels over powered outside. They like to feel safe and like they wont die... sad to say i dont think my male or your beardie will ever like outside. I take him in the car for rides alot so he can get the sun. he doesnt mind the car as much.

09/21/16  05:08pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area