Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

AnonUser   Madusa   Madusa   Cphill58   Sofia2703   Sofia2703   Cphill58  

Member  Message

AnonUser
View Profile

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

I originally wrote this question on yahoo answer but no one answered quick enough so yeah sorry if it looks funny
because just copied it!

Is my bearded dragon ok?

I just got a baby bearded dragon, he’s a citrus leather back. Anyways basically I put him in his cage last night and went to bed like normal and when I woke up I went to school... Like normal. But when I came home today and tried to take him out of his cage, he was very resistant and would just run away a bunch. Finally when I got him I noticed his tail was very messed up, at least in my eyes. And I’ve looked for a about a hour online and haven’t found any help. I will provide pictures below. Some info about him is that I feed him about 4 baby meal worms a day and about 4 crickets a day. Please help I’ve only had him for 3 days and this has already happened and I’m scared. Also I hadn’t given him any uvb light sense I got him but I read a lot online and it said everywhere that he could go 2 weeks without it before any downsides start to happen so I don’t think that something this drastic could happen after just 3 days of no uvb. Another this is I looked up to see if it was just shedding but no images looked like this and it look like his actually tail is bent not just the skin.

1st photo:
http://m.imgur.com/m1nQ33c

2nd photo:
http://m.imgur.com/C88t7hE

3rd photo:
http://m.imgur.com/od2clkv

10/14/15  05:22pm

Madusa
View Profile

Message To: AnonUser   In reference to Message Id: 2315215

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

It looks like his tail was caught somewhere in his cage. They can/will loose limbs/appendages and survive. Unfortunately, it will not regrow. From what I’ve heard it may be advisable to see a veterinarian in the event and for prevention of infection. I’m new to beardies myself but am a Vet Tech.

10/15/15  02:22pm

Madusa
View Profile

Message To: Madusa   In reference to Message Id: 2315222

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

Forgot to add that you should probably get a UVB light as soon as possible. They require heat/warmth suitable to their environment of origin (Desert climate).

10/15/15  02:24pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Madusa   In reference to Message Id: 2315223

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

Other than the tail getting mangled he looks pretty good .. he is starting to get active and yes now he is actually aware of you... and if you move a bit slower and possibly entice him with food treats he might just get used to you ... bring out the super worms and crickets and hand feed him.

If the worms are too big cut them in half , I know a lot of folks don’t like meal worms and super worms because of the exoskeleton that is hard to digest. Just use them as a treat and get the temps hot enough for proper digestion ... 100-110F on the basking spot. The rest of the enclosure can just fall off to ambient temps as you move away from the HOT SIDE

If the tail turns black and starts to die you need to have it removed or the dying tissue will spread and take over the living tissue. Just have the dead part removed ... not the whole thing.

Cp

10/16/15  12:40am

Sofia2703
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2315241

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

my berded dragon wont walk on herfront right leg she picks it up other legs are fine

01/08/16  03:02pm

Sofia2703
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2315241

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

my berded dragon wont walk on herfront right leg she picks it up other legs are fine

01/08/16  03:07pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Sofia2703   In reference to Message Id: 2316470

PLEASE HELP URGENT!

when did this happen .... did it fall ?? does it possibly have metabolic bone disease?? When did you get the dragon??

01/09/16  02:18pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area