Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jenny ferris   Cphill58   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Jenny ferris
View Profile

Bearded dragon eggs

I have alot of questions my female bearded dragon just layed her 1st clutch i built a homemade incubator using a cooler and aquarium heater and the temperature keep going up and down between 81 to 87 it wont stay the same temperature is that ok? The eggs are still white they haven’t changed color or dont have any indents. Also would the eggs hatch if i left them where she layed them and put a heat lamp on the top?what other methods can u do if u dont have the money to buy a incubator or make one just in case she has another clutch i would like to have another alternative just in case the one i made dont work out also . thank you

10/03/15  03:15pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Jenny ferris   In reference to Message Id: 2315084

Bearded dragon eggs

the extreme fluctuation in temps will cook them inside. the yolks will get like a hard boiled egg.

I never go higher than 82-84 F .. I do not let the temps swing like crazy.. breeding 101
we use a HOVABATOR styrofoam incubator. about 39.99 -49.99 No air circulating fan.

I use perlite sold at the garden store and moisten it until it balls up but not dripping
I use the GLAD sandwich containers filled 3/4 full and 1 or 2 holes drilled in the lid for air
I mark the eggs with a sharpie top side up ...and I transfer them into the perlite with the marker top side up so they do not get turned upside down.

I make sure they are buried in to the perlite 80% with just the crown sticking out.

I check them 1x per week and drip water in as needed ... 60 days to hatch... around 50-55 days they will start to dent and sweat liquid ... a few days later they will PIP ... the baby dragons will start to break out. DO NOT HELP them out.

they need to slowly absorb the egg yolk if they come out ...let it fall off by itself.

DID you have a make dragon with your female??

10/04/15  05:02pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2315085

Bearded dragon eggs

male **** sorry spelling

10/04/15  05:02pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area