Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Beardeddragonn   Beardeddragon12345   Beardeddragonn   Beardeddragon12345   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Beardeddragonn
View Profile

Dehydrated?! Help!?

Hello, I have a problem. See, my bearded dragon is really dehydrated. And he HATES the force hydrating method. (You know, the method where you put a syringe thing in their mouth and you squirt some water in,) he freaks out every time I even touch his mouth. Its so weird. I’ve been on the can o crix, so they are full of moisture. But I haven’t been able to get to the store lately (I have family in town.) See, I left two half cans out at the same time, overnight, then I forgot about it and they were there for like two days. So theres no WAY I’m feeding them to him. The poor thing. He has been living off of the krill (see my other thread) and greens, and fruits and vegetables. He hasn’t eaten insects since, well, like two weeks ago. He is really lethargic too. He sleeps ALL DAY. He gets up sometimes, maybe like 4/7ths of the day. So he’s getting food and stuff but he really doesn’t eat that much. He drinks sometimes, on his food he has water. But he sleeps a lot. Even in the mornings when the sun is out and bright. He has up to date bulbs, UVA and UVB bulbs. They are really close to him, but not too close, and I am really worried about him. I’ve soaked him a lot. Three days before yesterday yesterday and then today, as in like two hours ago. He doesn’t seem like he’s dehydrated if you look at him, but if you pull up his skin its like barely anything in there. His eyes are half closed sometimes, but other than that, you can’t really tell by looking at him. Please help. I thought about maybe brumation, but I don’t know. Would that get him dehydrated like that?? Yes, I wet his food. And I give him calcium weekly and sometimes sooner. I will try to post a picture of him. No rude comments please. Please help us. Thanks everyone!!

09/19/15  05:53pm

Beardeddragon12345
View Profile

Message To: Beardeddragonn   In reference to Message Id: 2314950

Dehydrated?! Help!?

Maybe the krill got him sick.

09/19/15  11:37pm

Beardeddragonn
View Profile

Message To: Beardeddragon12345   In reference to Message Id: 2314952

Dehydrated?! Help!?

Oh, really informational. (Sarcastic). The krill did not get him sick. I saw that beardies can eat shrimp and stuff, so yeah. Anyone else?? :) :)

09/20/15  05:04pm

Beardeddragon12345
View Profile

Message To: Beardeddragonn   In reference to Message Id: 2314957

Dehydrated?! Help!?

Not Informational enough? OK let’s see if I can do better ok? First off are his temperatures right? And you say he doesn’t seem dehydrated then why are you asking? And krill shouldn’t be fed. They would never find krill in their natural habitat. And shrimp/krill has iodine in it which should never be fed unless you want your bearded dragon to have a swollen thyroid gland. Did you do research on bearded dragons before you adopted one? Seeing your other threads you don’t know very much and you don’t take advice from very wise people who know a lot about reptiles. And bearded dragons don’t drink water every day. They also soak water through their skin so don’t force him.

09/21/15  07:55pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Beardeddragon12345   In reference to Message Id: 2314973

Dehydrated?! Help!?

A great way to hydrate the dragon is to offer greens and fruit ....grapes and watermelon are very popular choices. Cut to bite size pieces. Are you offering any greens and veggies at all??

Here is a great website with a food chart ...offer the items higher in calcium for a proper balanced diet.

Beautiful Dragons

If you insist on feeding the krill use it as a treat ...like a topper on ice cream

Good Luck

09/24/15  10:39am

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area