Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Awinter13   Cphill58   Awinter13   Cphill58   Melb  

Member  Message

Awinter13
View Profile

Purée or whole veggies?

I recently got a bearded dragon, he is a baby probably about 10 months old. He has no issues eating at all, he eats crickets and meal worms daily. I also give him a little bit of salad consisting of collard greens and carrots (cut up very very small) he usually eats about 4 little pieces a day. I’m not worried about him eating, and I know that babies mostly need protein from the crickets/meal worms rather than salads until they are older. My question is would it taste better or be better if I puréed the fresh veggies and gave him a little in a bowl to lick up or do they prefer the whole veggies?

07/03/15  07:58pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Awinter13   In reference to Message Id: 2314148

Purée or whole veggies?

Small pieces torn by hand will not turn color and last through the day... try to stay away from carrots ( not good) and use butternut squash instead... or banana squash as well.

Here is a great chart to guide your food choices for your little friend ... More calcium is the goal when it comes to veggies or fruit.
Food Chart

read the whole web site loaded with info...at the bottom click HOME and see all the topics offered.

07/04/15  06:59pm

Awinter13
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2314156

Purée or whole veggies?

Perfect! Thank you, I just wasn’t sure if he would like them puréed better

07/06/15  10:07am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Awinter13   In reference to Message Id: 2314165

Purée or whole veggies?

With our beardies we don’t puree.. and neither with the iguana. You can imagine in the wild they would never get puree veggies as well... I often will feed by hand larger pieces so the dragon can actually tear them from my grasp on their own. Or fasten them with a garbage / bread tie to the fake branch so it emulates real foliage. When it comes time for fruits and treats I will smush them up so they can get their mouths on it and not slide away.

Grated butternut squash is very effective ..after peeling it.

07/07/15  11:08pm

Melb
View Profile

Message To: Awinter13   In reference to Message Id: 2314148

Purée or whole veggies?

I give them puree or organic baby food when they arent pooping. Puree makes them poop and it looks just like baby poop lol.

09/21/16  05:14pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area