Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Faque   Cphill58   Bananabrains18  

Member  Message

Faque
View Profile

Bearded dragon twitching

My beardie (kekoa) is only like two months old. I’ve been feeding good and giving calcium. Kekoa is twiching everywhere on the body. I don’t know what it is and would like to know how to help. If you know anything about what could be wrong let me know. If there are any questions feel free to ask.

06/22/15  01:22am

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Faque   In reference to Message Id: 2314001

Bearded dragon twitching

Twitching can be a lack of vitamins??
what supplements are you giving and how often...over dosing can also be a problem

is the lizard shedding it’s skin at all...sometimes they twitch when they do this and sometimes they expand their eyes and face to break the skin loose.

what are you feeding it ...exactly , the daily diet?

Do you have a UVB lamp and if so what brand name / kind/ strength

Is it possible he has mites? If you soak in shoulder deep warm water you will see little black spots crawling to higher places on the head to prevent drowning... also if the mites start to drown they will be visible like small poppy seeds in the water. Use a white plastic type container from Walmart or the dollar store to see the mites easily sink to the bottom...this is very bad and needs attention.

06/29/15  11:56pm

Bananabrains18
View Profile

Message To: Faque   In reference to Message Id: 2314001

Bearded dragon twitching

Metabolic bone disease (MBD) is caused by a lack of Calcium, Vitamin D3, and/or Phosphorus and is the weakening of the bones of your bearded dragon. Twitching is a symptom of mbd :( it’s lack of calcium and improper lighting. Unless he has mites and is twitching because he is itchy... does he try to scratch at all?

01/17/17  10:08pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area