Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

VividDragons   Takahiro111   Candybugs   Beardeddragonn  

Member  Message

VividDragons
View Profile

Bearded Dragon Jump safely?

My adult beardeds every once in awhile jump off my shoulder unto a carpeted floor. Should I be concerned? How safe is it for them to be jumping like this? The jump is approximately 4 feet

04/09/15  01:20pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: VividDragons   In reference to Message Id: 2313114

Stop him before he seriously hurt himself unlike aboreal lizards their back legs isn’t long enough for jumping safely from place to place but they can still leap.

04/09/15  03:21pm

Candybugs
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2313115

My baby bumped his lip and an infection called infectious s8tomatitis developed . He’s been at my vet since thursday. He’s gonna be OK but a little bump turned into a life threatening emergency. I know your guy is big and mines a baby but if you look up that infection it’s bad. I vote no jumping.

08/16/15  05:29pm

Beardeddragonn
View Profile

Message To: Candybugs   In reference to Message Id: 2314594

Its okay. As long as its carpet it shouldnt hurt them. I know everybodys being like no don’t do it. But seriously, its fine. But you should like kneel down because two or less feet should be ok. But just don’t let them do it anymore. If its accidents, its okay. But try not to let them do it, just in case. Everybody, don’t go crazy on me, I’ve had experience. Mine would jump off the table if he could, lol. :) :)

BeardedDragonn

09/20/15  10:04pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area