Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Repticlover   Takahiro111   Repticlover   Takahiro111   Beardeddragon12345   Repticlover   Takahiro111   Repticlover   Bananabrains18   Chorusfrog   Igraine  

Member  Message

Repticlover
View Profile

Do bearded dragons have emotions?

I am wondering if bearded dragons have emotions, i had a male bearded dragon that i really got attached to. sadly me and my family moved and couldn’t bring him along. for some reason we went back to visit our old friends and unfortuntely he was still there. i am i want to know if when he saw me did he remember me. thank you guys for responding anything helps.

04/02/15  08:40am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Repticlover   In reference to Message Id: 2312992

Any reptile has emotions lol they get angry,happy and I’m pretty sure they’ll miss you likea regular dog or cat. When I lefted my reptiles to go on a trip and I came back they were all wanting attention except for my boa she bit me....I’m guessing because I lefted for a long time.

04/02/15  10:58am

Repticlover
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2312994

Thanks Takahiro111, I was kinda hoping they didn’t because now I feel really bad. the person who has him isn’t the best keeper he is in a one gallon aquarium, he isn’t fead very well. the guys owns a pet shop so he can’t do as much for him. but thank you for the info.

04/02/15  11:13am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Repticlover   In reference to Message Id: 2312995

Your welcome but I hope a reliable keeper gets him before its too late.

04/02/15  12:12pm

Beardeddragon12345
View Profile

Message To: Repticlover   In reference to Message Id: 2312995

He is living in a one gallon tank?!?!? How old is he? Can you get him out of there and find a new home for him? I feel really bad...

04/03/15  10:53am

Repticlover
View Profile

Message To: Beardeddragon12345   In reference to Message Id: 2313007

I kinda made the guy look really bad let me re-fraze. the guy owns a reptile pet shop and sells a lot of bearded dragons. if you have ever gone to pets-mart and checked the reptile section he is in one of the cages the baby bearded dragon are in. his bedding is some kind of bird seed and has the proper lighting. I don’t know about feeding but no i cannot help him because i moved from Indonesia and we were worried about boarder control.

04/03/15  11:20am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Beardeddragon12345   In reference to Message Id: 2313007

I feel bad too but wow a cage that small my water dragons or bp can’t even soak in there and their the smallest reptiles from my collection but I understand your position. None of your neighbors woildve taken him with the setup.

04/03/15  11:47am

Repticlover
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2313013

Most of them think bearded dragons are endangered and that they can get in trouble. me and my family tried to get him, but we couldn’t get the paper work in time. he has been there for about a year but sadly i cant do anything.

04/03/15  02:00pm

Bananabrains18
View Profile

Message To: Repticlover   In reference to Message Id: 2312992

I’m not 100% if reptiles have actual emotions... but I know they can recognize emotions in their primary best friend. I’ve had my buddy for about 6 years now and I haven’t been home for a few days so I took him out to spend sometime with him and he just crawled up my shoulder and passed out with his head on the pillow.. and I’m wondering are they able to mock what they see? All they do all day is stare and observe things...I’ve been interested in the way their brain works a lot lately. I’ve read they have a 3rd eye which is connected to the pineal gland. http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/lizards/437489-third-eye-jacobsons-organ-bearded.html#/topics/437489?page=1&_k=5buah1

01/17/17  10:25pm

Chorusfrog
View Profile

Message To: Bananabrains18   In reference to Message Id: 2320127

Mine aren’t really big fans of me, but sometimes we have moments like this

I love them and I hope they like me back

04/08/17  05:13pm

Igraine
View Profile

Message To: Chorusfrog   In reference to Message Id: 2320552

Adleheide stands at at the front of her viv and stares out at me as if to say "why am I not getting attention". She has a damaged tail attacked by an older lizard before I adopted her. She uses it to her best advantage. Snuggled into me like a poor little innocent needing protection. However, as soon as we were home shes darting about like she owns the place. Lost her about 4 times hiding behind units crawling behind books in bookshelves etc and everytime I retrived her she would snuggle back into me. She is a little minx and has me wrapped around her little finger.

07/28/17  10:43am

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area