Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Therapist18   Savannahmonitorlover   Dragon Lover  

Member  Message

Therapist18
View Profile

Bailey won’t eat...newbie

We have only had Bailey for a week. She has been fine up until today. She is about 3 years old. She was a rescue so we are not sure of her exact age. She hasn’t eaten anything today. We gave her a bath and let her stay in for a while. I think she got cold? We are not sure but at the end of the bath, her beard was black and she has been lethargic all day. Still wont eat. We are sort of struggling with the basking are and which size bulb to use. Her beard is not black anymore. Her cage is 30x12x16, a little small for her. But for now it is what we have. Any suggestions on lighting set up?

after thought... We had her out of her cage yesterday for a while. Took a ride in the car with her to the pet shop. Could she have been away from her lights too long? Very new to all of this. Want her to feel better, just not too sure how to go about it. Any info is good info....

07/24/12  09:56pm

Savannahmonitorlover
View Profile

Message To: Therapist18   In reference to Message Id: 2274506

I would get a temp gun to measure temps it should be around 105 badking temps and 85 to 70.rest of cage. also how long was he or she away from her cage? and what foods are feeding?

07/24/12  11:08pm

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: Savannahmonitorlover   In reference to Message Id: 2274523

Hello,

I’m sure the trip to the pet store did NO harm to her at all. In fact, they love to go out. Maybe her beard was black because she doesn’t like baths? A lot of adults do not eat every day. We have one that will eat a bite of salad every other day and he is totally healthy and fat. Watch her tomorrow and see how she acts.

How are her poops? Do you have a UVB for her?

Edel

07/24/12  11:58pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area