Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nick(uromastyxman)   Louise1516   Dragon Lover   Nick(uromastyxman)  

Member  Message

Nick(uromastyxman)
View Profile

What to feed

I have a large supply of locust also called grass hopper to feed to my bearded dragon, what should i watch out for, and tell me if im doing anything wrong with feeding these to him thinks

07/13/12  09:04pm

Louise1516
View Profile

Message To: Nick(uromastyxman)   In reference to Message Id: 2273222

What to feed

hi, i buy my hoppers from pet shop and i just give mine them as they are and she eats them, i dont know if there is anything you can do wrong but you can always ask a big pet shop if one near you.

07/16/12  03:25pm

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: Louise1516   In reference to Message Id: 2273581

What to feed

Hi,

If you’re in the US I would change to crickets. they are a lot easier for the beardie....less of an exoskeleton. Grasshoppers have thicker exoskeletons. Definitely do not feed anything that if bigger than the space between the eys of the beardie, unless it’s gooey and smooshy sort of like a worm. lol The staple bugs are crickets, silk worms and or roaches. You can feed super worms, phoenix worms, wax worms and horn worms for a treat.

Many in the UK do feed the locusts. I have never done so, but they do seem to do ok with it. Again, as long as it’s not too big and make sure the temps are right so he has no problems digesting.

Are you offering a salad? He needs good greens as well, such as mustard greens, collard, greens, endive, escarole, green beans. You can use for treats pretty much anything else. Do stay away from mushrooms, avocados, onions and potatoes for they are toxic.

Edel

07/16/12  05:23pm

Nick(uromastyxman)
View Profile

Message To: Dragon Lover   In reference to Message Id: 2273601

What to feed

yes thank you

07/23/12  03:44pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area