Bearded Dragons-General Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Iama   Kelso reptiles   Cphill58   Cazicsmom  

Member  Message

Iama
View Profile

Should I get one???

I want to get a beardie, but I’m a little skeptical. I’ve only ever heard of them honestly and have no idea how to care for them, how big they are, if they bite alot, or even what they look like. I just know they’re supposed to be cool lizards. However, I know cool doesn’t always mean best. So I have a few questions before I look into getting one.

1) Can anyone post pics of a beardie they might own for me?
2) What do beardies eat?
3) How big does a beardies cage have to be?
4) What kind of cage set-up do they need?

THANKS EVERYONE WHO ANSWERS

06/19/12  03:04pm

Kelso reptiles
View Profile

Message To: Iama   In reference to Message Id: 2270562

Should I get one???

1well for first i dont own a bearded dragon so i cant post a pic but i do know about them
2 as babies they eat moastly crickets and a little vegitabal matter but then when they get bigger they should be eating more and more vegitabals but still be eating crickets.
3 they can get almost 2 feet long and grow pretty rapidly.
4they can live their whole life in about a 50 gallon tank (bigger is always better) but yeah a 50 gallon would do for 1 bearded

genarally they are one of the nicest lizards after leopard geckos. and can be come very tamable and handible
your best effort is reserch lots and lots of stuff on them then if you still want one buy the cage and tank furniture then buy the lizard
best of luck

06/19/12  06:00pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Kelso reptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2270572

Should I get one???

We swear by the care sheet and food charts and other health / products/ tips ...given here. This is the best place for exact species information

Beautiful Dragons

so many do it right and so many do it wrong, despite the great info out there....so get your research on and feel free to ask any detailed questions.

06/19/12  07:18pm

Cazicsmom
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2270584

Should I get one???

For pictures, check out the photo gallery

06/19/12  09:20pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-General Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area