Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

KralMurat   Dragon Lover   Alila  

Member  Message

KralMurat
View Profile

Emergency!Eggs collapsed for a week,but babies didnt come out, should I cut eggs

Hi everybody,

Im Murat from Turkey, Im keeping and breeding bearded dragons for 3 years. But I never had this kind of situation. Thats because I wanto have your opinion too.

My female laid eggs at 22th of May. Today its 69th day. Incubation temp is 27-27.5C. A week ago, first egg is collapsed. and today, nearly all eggs are collapsed, without 3 of them. But its soo long, a week passed after the first egg collapsed and baby still didnt come out.

Generally in my experiences, eggs are collapsed 2-3 days before hatchling, but this time a week passed. there’s still 3 eggs which is not collapsed.

For leopard gecko eggs, sometimes you have to help the baby to come out and you should cutt the egg shield if the baby cant able to go out by itself. So I thought maybe I should cut the egg and take the baby out. I dont want to hurt the baby, so at first, I want to get your opinion as soon as possible.

07/30/13  03:51am

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: KralMurat   In reference to Message Id: 2300047

Emergency!Eggs collapsed for a week,but babies didnt come out, should I cut eggs

Hi,

Did your eggs hatch? Sometimes, if the humidity is not enough while the eggs are incubating, the babies will have a hard time hatching......

I hope all is well.

Edel

08/03/13  07:45pm

Alila
View Profile

Message To: Dragon Lover   In reference to Message Id: 2300201

In my early days I had this same situation happen to a batch of my eggs at one point... check your humidity but I have found that when my eggs did this it meant that those eggs were just getting ready to hatch my humidity was OK Itho. I personally would not cut open the eggs due to the fact that you may damage the baby inside. Their yolk the main source of their food right now could get damaged. In my case I did put a small cut into one of my eggs with a pair of tweezers to check on the little guys cuz I thought they might have been ready but couldn’t push the egg or dying. Unfortunately that lizard for me poked it’s little head thru only to find out it wasn’t ready and it died later on due to the fluid leaking out... the others all began to hatch about a week to two later. I hope this helps...

08/28/15  01:07pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area