Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Billibobandpebbles   Dragon Lover   Dragon Lover   Billibobandpebbles  

Member  Message

Billibobandpebbles
View Profile

When will she lay?

My bearded dragon pebbles is clearly pregnant but I don’t know when she will lay or how to make a proper lay box, she is really restless and i can feel and see the eggs in her belly but I don’t know if she is ready. She still eats quite a lot but isn’t digging a lot. I don’t know how to make a good lay box for her but I really don’t want her to become egg bound. I didn’t really know that her and Billibob (my boy) were breeding until I saw her getting bigger and digging a bit. I really need help, also do you need vermiculite for the lay box?

08/23/12  10:13am

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: Billibobandpebbles   In reference to Message Id: 2277625

When will she lay?

Hi,

You will need a 50 quart tupper ware type container.....a bag of potting soil, no chemicals. cut the lid in half. pour the dirt in the tub and wet it enough so you can pile it on one side and she can dig on the bottom without it tumbling on her. place the lid on the tub, open side away from the mound. put a heat lamp on the open side facing the mound of dirt.

She will start digging non stop about a week or so before she actually starts laying. Read "breeding beardies 101" by heartmountain...I will bump it up for you.

I would separate the dragons. she can lay once a month for up to a year from just one breeding. It’s hard on her and especially if she is still too young or not the right weight.

Are you incubating the eggs? If so, have you purchased your incubator yet? you can get one at any feed store. the ones they use to incubate chicken eggs works great. Little giant incubator......if you are not going to incubate the eggs. Freeze them for at least 24 hours before you throw them in the trash.

Edel

08/25/12  04:21pm

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: Dragon Lover   In reference to Message Id: 2277842

When will she lay?

Here....I thought it best to get you the link anyway.

breeding beardies101

08/25/12  04:22pm

Billibobandpebbles
View Profile

Message To: Dragon Lover   In reference to Message Id: 2277844

When will she lay?

thanks a lot that’s really helpful! i don’t know weather to incubate the eggs but i think i might. thanks again she id=s doing ok and is now frantically digging in the corner of her vivarium i’ll get a laybox for her now thanks

08/26/12  11:45am

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area