Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jojobugs   Cphill58   Jojobugs   Cphill58  

Member  Message

Jojobugs
View Profile

Bearded dragon breeding question

can i house 3 together in a 90 gal tank just for them to mate and then ilcan i separate them

12/16/11  05:01pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Jojobugs   In reference to Message Id: 2247415

lets see ...your alligator lizards aren’t doing so well and now you want to stick 3 more alligator lizards together...then you want to try it with beardies too...show me some pictures of the beardies ...how many males and females and I will let you know

12/18/11  12:45pm

Jojobugs
View Profile

Message To: Cphill58   In reference to Message Id: 2247601

i dont have alligator lizards or beardies right now i was just wondering could i keep a male and 2 females

12/22/11  06:25pm

Cphill58
View Profile

Message To: Jojobugs   In reference to Message Id: 2248146

The logical and safe way to raise and breed dragons is in separate cages...the male will damage the females and breed non stop if allowed. Death can occur , but more likely serious injury will force you to separate them if you see the violent nature of the act.

Males should only be introduced when you want the couple to breed for a short period of time...immediately after the deed is done you can separate again. If you doubt that the copulation took place you can introduce the male to the female every 24 hrs for a few days to insure mating will take and gravid eggs will be produced. If the female refuses the male and attacks him that is another concern and again you must separate.

12/23/11  02:20pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area