Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Mr.Bigglesworth   HerrL1116   Dragon Lover  

Member  Message

Mr.Bigglesworth
View Profile

New member with breeding question

I have a beardie that i think is about 2 years old, and i have had him for about a year now, i have him in a 2’ by 2’ cage and i take him out often. i am now iterested in breeding him, and i dont know if this cage is enough for two beardies. please leave any information you know about breeding them. Thanks ahead of time for the help!

11/21/11  01:15pm

HerrL1116
View Profile

Message To: Mr.Bigglesworth   In reference to Message Id: 2244929

try a 3x2 its more roomier for 2

11/25/11  10:05pm

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: HerrL1116   In reference to Message Id: 2245297

Hi,

Welcome to the RZ.

The cage is a great size for him, but I would not add another. Breeders will add the female to the male’s cage for two weeks tops and then place the female back in her own enclosure. If you leave her he will try and breed with her constantly, not only will this stress her, but it could make her ill. She may have problems laying and she could stop eating. I have tried housing two dragons before and it never works....one always ends up the dominant, in which case, the other will not eat and will be stressed all the time. Remember, they do store sperm and she could lay once a month for up to a year from one breeding. This is very stressful for her. Do you really want to do that to her?

My suggestion would be give the female her own enclosure or get someone that has a female and breed both.

Edel

11/27/11  01:56am

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area