Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum

Repti_Kid415   Dragon Lover   Repti_Kid415   BeardiePal  
 Member  Message

Repti_Kid415
View Profile

Would something go wrong?

I was just wandering if a baby was to grow up and mate with there parent would there be something wrong with that batch of babies because I heard that happens with other anmals.

07/30/11  04:29am

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: Repti_Kid415   In reference to Message Id: 2231015

Hi,

Yes...inbreeding should not be done. Whether you would get something wrong with the first clutch or not, I am not sure. I would assume it is possible.

We rescued a pair and found out the female was gravid. They had been bred multiple times, since they were housed together, and later on we found out that they had been purchased by the previous owner from the same clutch....which means they were brother and sister. From our first clutch, my friend and business partner at the time had three gimpy baby girls and I had two.

It is so not necessary and so easy to avoid, but people are not doing their research. Thank you for wondering and actually coming out and asking.

Edel

07/30/11  02:17pm

Repti_Kid415
View Profile

Message To: Dragon Lover   In reference to Message Id: 2231055

Thank you for your help because I want to know everything thing there is to know about breeding before I start.

07/31/11  01:38am

BeardiePal
View Profile

Message To: Repti_Kid415   In reference to Message Id: 2231137

Quote:

Thank you for your help because I want to know everything thing there is to know about breeding before I start.

I like your attitude. GREAT!!! Beardiepal

07/31/11  11:03pm

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area