Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum

Snakenator   Seabee1998   Voguestar   Galanoth   DragonSpirit  
 Member  Message

Snakenator
View Profile

Beardie food

what can beardies eat? I wanted to know if they can eat pellets. do they have to have insects or what? do they have special vitamins, water, or plants? roaches, crickets and meal worms, too? I guess what i’m asking is what do they eat, not anything else, but what do they eat?

feel free to contact me

04/25/11  08:23pm

Seabee1998
View Profile

Message To: Snakenator   In reference to Message Id: 2215956

Beardie food

Beardies normally eat anything they can over come (insects/bugs in general) try feeding him/her lettuce, meal worms, you can do potato bug/rolly pollies, etc. i am not sure if there are fireflies in California... i don’t think there is... but fireflies are forbidden for all animals, i am very cautious of those.

05/01/11  10:01pm

Voguestar
View Profile

Message To: Seabee1998   In reference to Message Id: 2216835

Beardie food

http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html Check out that site it will give you all the do’s and donts.
Beware lettuce is not such a great thing to feed them, its mostly water with little to none nutrition, which can give them the runs. And meal worms have little nutrition & lots of exoskeleton not so good. Try super worms, turnip greens, mustard green, or squash. And yes firefly’s are forbidden.

05/09/11  07:42pm

Galanoth
View Profile

Message To: Voguestar   In reference to Message Id: 2218230

Beardie food

Really, they’ll pretty much eat any insect or bug. But super worms really are what bearded dragons eat a lot.

06/03/11  09:30pm

DragonSpirit
View Profile

Message To: Galanoth   In reference to Message Id: 2222512

Beardie food

No, superworms make a good treat. The chitin witch is the shell of the worm is very hard for them to digest. So, when fed only super worms sometimes they will throw up the chitin from the worms. Crickets make a good form of food if gut loaded properly. The healthiest insects available in the pet trade are silkworms, horn worms, and a few kinds of roaches. I use Dubai roaches. The dragons love them. The best are silkworms the have an enzyme that helps them absorb calcium.

09/14/11  11:34am

Back to Bearded Dragons-Breeding Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area