Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Archie1072   Bill McNuggets   Bill McNuggets  

Member  Message

Archie1072
View Profile

3 year old male beardie being aggressive

So I just got my bearded dragon yesterday, with all his equipment and food and lights n such. The people who gave them to me also have me his medical record and was surprisingly healthy. But to speed this up...

My beardie last night was so calm and was happy also active running around and crawling on me. But this morning around 1 and 2 pm, I was trying to get his food bowl and he charged at me and tried to bite me from across his tank. He wasn’t flat or black or puffed (I checked before I put my hand in) and now he’s just aggressive and always watching me.

What do i do, is this normal? This is his new home as of last night when he was sweet, now he’s aggressive.

Is there anything I need to know or do?

08/11/17  02:16pm

Bill McNuggets
View Profile

Message To: Archie1072   In reference to Message Id: 2321022

If he is sitting on a rock or something with his bearded out and his mouth open just put salad (make sure its safe for them to eat) in his mouth, then if he keeps on doing it just keep on putting salad in his mouth. but you may just have to give him some time to get used to the new environment...
Good luck

McNuggets

08/11/17  04:06pm

Bill McNuggets
View Profile

Message To: Bill McNuggets   In reference to Message Id: 2321025

What I mean is if you feed him salad while his mouth is open it will teach him your not there to hurt/challenge him and he might think its a waste of time to be aggressive...

08/12/17  05:11am

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area