Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

MistysMum   Takahiro111   Kyle McI  

Member  Message

MistysMum
View Profile

My beardie has a blue chin and is quite lifeless

I have nearly a 2 yr old female bearded Dragon. She is normally healthy but last night I checked to see if she was ok and I see her eyes were bit sunken and her neck was so black it was blue. She has been eating normally and last night had runny stool for the first time ever. I have her a bath as I thought that might help. This morning she has moved a tiny bit but not a lot and she just feels so light and looks so dopey. Please someone help I have no reptile vets in my area.

02/18/15  02:22am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: MistysMum   In reference to Message Id: 2312361

A vet is the only option. If her eyes are sunken(sign of serious dehydration) and she’s light(underweight) also refuses to eat and lethargic with a runny stool. All of these together are bad signs. The juvenile water dragons I had were rescues and kinda dehydrated but not crazy but I put them in the tub so they can see cool(not cold) water running I guess they thought it was a waterfall and start drinking. You can try that to see if it works or spray some water on its mouth.

02/18/15  08:46am

Kyle McI
View Profile

Message To: MistysMum   In reference to Message Id: 2312361

Hi, every winter my bearded dragon slows down with movement and feeding and poos are obviously smaller because of this, bearded dragons don’t hibernate but some do brumate or at least they try and then we worrying owners cant leave them alone because we think somethings wrong so we upset their brumation, this could be why its beards so black. Look reptile brumation up. Mines is around six and every winter I still worry about it, though around this time of year it when we start getting warmer nights it goes back to normal. I cant say this is what your beardie is going through, just some information. A vets always best if your worried somethings not right. Cant hurt to visit them.

03/20/15  12:11pm

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area