Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LionHood   Takahiro111   LionHood   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

LionHood
View Profile

Unhealthy or Just Shedding?

Hi, I’m a new beardie owner, and my dragon is shedding for the first time. Well, it’s my first shedding! He is five years old.

A few days ago, I noticed his head start to get raised and grey. Then, I noticed it on his side, and both have been growing. I looked it up and compared pictures to other beardies shedding, and he matched. However, recently, he has also been slumping over and not standing tall like he used to. I have also, in my three weeks of having him, never seen him wave or bob his head. He curled his tail last Thurseday in the bath, Sunday when we were playing with him and the cats were around, and yesterday he bearded when he got spooked in the car and he flipped out and I accidentally knocked him backwards when he tried running up in the crack between the dashboard and the floor boards.

My question is, is the slouching and not waving and such unhealthy, just from beggining to shed, or maybe his personality?

01/14/15  12:05pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: LionHood   In reference to Message Id: 2311846

When they wave or head bob that’s a sign of territory issues but its okay if that’s not happening..keep the cats away from him because if the cat bites him its over(cat saliva is dangerous for reptiles,birds). What’s your setup like(lighting,caging,temps etc...)???

01/14/15  02:08pm

LionHood
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2311852

Okay, great! What about his recent slouching though?

He has a heat lamp, and during the day it’s 85-86 degrees Fahrenheit. I know it’s a bit on the cool side, but I’m getting a new bulb right now. I don’t have a UVB thing yet, but I am also getting that right now and he gets a little bit of sun in his cage. The cage is huge; fifty gallons about.

I did not know that, thank you for telling me. I have obviously kept a close eye on him when they are around, and it seems as if they’re more terrified of him then he is of them. I will definitely keep them away as much as possible.

01/14/15  03:09pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: LionHood   In reference to Message Id: 2311858

He must be slouching because of the temps and light issues but your gonna get the bulbs today so that’s good. Make sure he gets his food calcium dusted with D3 1-2x weekly.

01/14/15  08:01pm

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area