Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Mel B   Mel B   Mel B   Tempestborn  

Member  Message

Mel B
View Profile

Shedding stuck

I actually posted in the lIzard forum but wanted some advice here as well. Mel has a shed stuck on her tail, back and front legs. I give her warms baths, she has rocks to rub on, changed her lighting, which was needed cuz the 1st day she pooped 3 times! Idk what else to do. I’ve read mineral oil can be rubbed on troubled spots and I did a lil on her tail, which helped. I’m apprehensive about putting more one her, cuz JFK how safe that is. So much info is wrong! This shed has been very slow, I know she’ll want to brumate soon....please help JFK what else to do. I have more comments in the general lIzard forum. I thank you and Mel B does to. :)

10/04/14  04:34pm

Mel B
View Profile

Message To: Mel B   In reference to Message Id: 2310185

Shedding stuck

Stupid JFK=IDK sorry I didn’t catch my auto correct, that was a new one....grrrr

10/04/14  04:37pm

Mel B
View Profile

Message To: Mel B   In reference to Message Id: 2310186

Shedding stuck

Hello does anyone read this and can help? Anything would be much appreciated. I see lots people have looked at it but not reply. Thank you. I really like this forum and was glad to find some guiding info that is correct, that is of someone would share their wisdom. Mel is getting slightly uncomfortable. Thanks so much

10/05/14  10:15pm

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: Mel B   In reference to Message Id: 2310199

Shedding stuck

if you’re keeping her humidity high, and misting her regularly, there is little else you can do. soaking helps. mineral oil won’t harm her. put it on and massage it into her skin. it sounds like you’ll just have to patiently work on it. there’s something called, "reptile shed" that some people say helps. it looks like this: Link

jesse

10/07/14  08:28am

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area