Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Lv1413   Takahiro111   KrazyKelli   Annalise  

Member  Message

Lv1413
View Profile

One eye closed

Hi I bought my baby bearded dragon from my pet store on Labor Day got it on discount. So I’ve had her for two weeks and on the day I came back from school which was two days ago I noticed she had one eye open and the other closed at first i didn’t pay attention to it but I kept seeing she kept it closed, is that a bad thing or good thing? So far she opens it a little when I come in the room or when she looks at me. Sometimes she doesn’t open it at all and just turns her head and looks at me with the other eye and idk why she does it, is it normal or no? I’ve done some research regarding that but I’ve read it is normal, and to check if it has swelling, or liquid coming out of it but I doesn’t my girlfriend says it looks a little bit swollen but to me they look the same. My beardy rubs her head on the wood log she basks on and no it’s not real wood. She also scratches her left side of the face where her eye is closed idk if she has something in her eye or what, she doesn’t do the same to the right side only the left. So if anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much she is my first baby bearded dragon so I want to make sure she is fine and well or if not what to do. I want to do a good job taking care of her

09/13/14  11:40pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Lv1413   In reference to Message Id: 2309683

One eye closed

What substrate is in there? Is the lights too close when the beardies bask or something? Sometimes the lights can mess with their eyes if its too close or lefted on which can mess up their sleep cycle as well. Swelling can be a sign of infection. Was the beardies eye like that when you purchased it?

09/14/14  03:52am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2309685

One eye closed

Need an idea on tank set up, humidity, and temps before we can help fully.

09/14/14  01:39pm

Annalise
View Profile

Message To: Lv1413   In reference to Message Id: 2309683

One eye closed

Hi,
Don’t worry, it’s completely normal!
By the sounds of it, she’s about to go into shed. My two girls display the same sort of behaviour before and during shedding. She may also puff her eyes and beard out at times, in order to try and help the shed come off, hence why she’s rubbing her head on the log... She may also rub her belly along things, with the same intention.
If you want any more help or advice, just message me on my Facebook page - Piasaw Dragons - or on my personal page - Annalise Watson.
Hope this helped!

07/03/15  05:37am

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area