Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Spikey-Boo   Wyland2222   Tempestborn   Wyland2222   Spikey-Boo  

Member  Message

Spikey-Boo
View Profile

Dividing a Cage

I have a cage that is 6’ long x 2’ high x 18" deep. It currently houses one dragon. Someone I know is looking for a home for his dragon and I was wondering if I can put a solid divider in the existing tank to house both dragons. My current beardie usually stays in one area so I’m not sure if he’d mind a bit of a smaller area. I know they shouldn’t be housed together, but is dividing the tank so they can’t really see each other OK? I already have tons of appropriate lighting so it’s really only a matter of dividing the cage. Thanks!

05/29/14  10:45pm

Wyland2222
View Profile

Message To: Spikey-Boo   In reference to Message Id: 2305390

Dividing a Cage

I am not an expert in this but to me it sounds like it would work as long and the divider is solid to where they can’t see each other and they both have their own light system, I can’t remember what size my aqaium was that I kept my one dragon, now I have 2 and hubb built them a condo :D, I will try to get someone who would really know over here and check your question. See a bunch of us used to be on here now we mostly spend our time on face book, but we are trying to come here also to help out.
Trish

05/31/14  12:28pm

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: Wyland2222   In reference to Message Id: 2305421

Dividing a Cage

my concern is that each lizard will only have three feet of length. while that’s fine when they’re small, the cage you have is just about right for ONE water dragon. i don’t know where the beardie is living?
anytime you’re crowding them in, so to speak, you’re pushing hard on tragedy.

jesse

06/15/14  06:58am

Wyland2222
View Profile

Message To: Tempestborn   In reference to Message Id: 2305649

Dividing a Cage

I know what I said in my first reply but since then I have done some checking and I have to agree with Jesse...........I would get them each their own enclosure.
Trish

06/17/14  08:21am

Spikey-Boo
View Profile

Message To: Wyland2222   In reference to Message Id: 2305725

Dividing a Cage

Had to make a quick decision and never got back to looking for responses but wanted to let you know that the person looking for a home for his beardie ended up giving me his custom made 6’ enclosure to go with the beardie for free. So now I have two dragons in two separate 6’ homes. They’re both happy. And me.

06/24/14  05:29pm

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area