Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Goldinaz   Takahiro111   Wyland2222   Takahiro111   Tempestborn   Dragon Lover  

Member  Message

Goldinaz
View Profile

HELP!!!! I STEPPED ON MY BEARDED DRAGON!!!

I FEEL TERRIBLE AND SADDENED BY MY STUPID MISTAKE. Please don’t harass I already know how careless that was. my beardie is a female who is about 14-inches long I rolled her and stepped on her, she was laying across the thresh hold absorbing morning sun when I opened the door, rolled her out side (under my Boot) and started to put weight on her when I felt her. I quickly got off of her and scoped her up, she grabbed my hand like usual and looked shocked. I held her for a while to see if I broke her back or ribs. after a while she started to relax and I set her down to see how she walked, she didn’t move for a while but when she did she was favoring her left front leg. not dragging but diffently light stepping. her "hand" was making light contact with the floor but not a lot of push off. I held her and dangled the leg and it kind of swayed but she had some strength in it. (not like her right). placed her back into the terrarium with a flannel shirt and laid her on top of it. a few good sized crickets came by and she ate them right away. any advise, im about 170lbs and she had at least 2/3 of my weight on her. she is going to the vet on Monday since the emergency rooms arte so costly, its going to take a day to sell what I need to pay the bill. ill go sooner if I can, but can anybody give advice on how to make her more confortable, I know my poor girl is in pain. or what I can do period!!!!! Thanks in advance

05/24/14  05:29pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Goldinaz   In reference to Message Id: 2305287

Its ok..and I’m not gonna harrass you we all make mistakes, I dropped a raw egg on the floor by accident and my monitor ran and snatched it up before I can even get it and got sick.
.so he had to see a vet. The most you an do is leave her alone she’s already stressed that she got stepped on until Monday.

05/25/14  10:52pm

Wyland2222
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2305311

Don’t beat yourself up over it, accidents happen and most likely she is fine and since you are so worried taking her to the vet is a good think............now you calm down and no one is gonna beat you up over this, we have all done some dumb stuff with our animals ot one time or another.
Trish

05/26/14  07:22am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Wyland2222   In reference to Message Id: 2305315

I agree lol

05/26/14  11:38am

Tempestborn
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2305317

but don’t leave us hanging. we want to know what the vet says and how she does.

jesse

05/28/14  07:39am

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: Tempestborn   In reference to Message Id: 2305365

Goldinaz....how is your girl?

06/14/14  06:50pm

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area