Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Toxicshower   Dragon Lover   Sonictek  

Member  Message

Toxicshower
View Profile

Handling a beardie

I got my bearded dragon when I was much younger and I was always so scared he’d run away so I never really handled him as a baby! I’ve wanted to interact with him for a whole just been really scared! Is it too late!? I wanna bond and show my beardie love!

11/20/13  02:03pm

Dragon Lover
View Profile

Message To: Toxicshower   In reference to Message Id: 2302334

Handling a beardie

How old is the dragon. Start handling him now. He will try and warn you, but you can’t be scared. Just reach in and handle him. Gently and for small periods of time. Once he gets used to you, you should be able to take him out easily. My guy, Androth, used to go everywhere with me. Let him know he can trust you and you have to show him that you trust him as well.

Edel

11/26/13  02:28am

Sonictek
View Profile

Message To: Dragon Lover   In reference to Message Id: 2302400

Handling a beardie

I agree with Edel, I got my beardie when he was 1 yr old. He use to hiss and black beard me when I tried to hold him. I was persistent trying once each day until he got use to it. I started holding him using a towel in case he bit me. It made me feel more comfortable. It took a few weeks but he is 8 yrs old and he has never done it again. I can pretty much do anything with him as he knows I’m not going to hurt him. I hope this helps.
Sherri

12/06/13  06:00pm

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area