Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Redemma   Takahiro111   Redemma   Schreechies   Redemma  

Member  Message

Redemma
View Profile

Bearded dragon feeding please help

so a week ago i got two bearded dragons off some one off facebook they are lovely they are two years old a male and a female i have look for signs of breeding and so far there is none which is good what i wanted to know is i fed my dragons meal worms today (they have had them b4 and were fine) and my boy daryl threw them up i think i might be over feeding them a little what i want to know how many should i be giving two dragons every other day been feeding them veg one day just filling up the small bowl and throwing whats left and meal worms the next a couple of small hand full in the bowl is this too much??? also i was think of mixing up the insects as well gonna buy crickets or locuts next and how many of them should i give every other day to two lizards please help i really want to be a good owner in the day i keep the temp at 35 and of a night 20 i also gave them a small bath of warm water and thinking of doing this once a week as i heard this is good for them any advice would be great thanks :)

09/15/13  06:58am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Redemma   In reference to Message Id: 2301121

Okay first relax lol your doing amazing and congratulations on your new beardies giving them a bathes are good and how I feed my adults is not everyday I feed the adults every two days I feed my babies or juveniles everyday and don’t only feed them mealworms mix up the diet of insects and feed them greens like you said you were if he keeps throwing up constantly take him to a vet to get checked up...

*P.S. your a great owner and your doing great

09/15/13  12:13pm

Redemma
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2301125

thanks a lot he hasnt been sick since so i think it was just a case of him eating too much that one time i am going to mix up the insects but gotta couple of days worth of worms to go though first and they are good at eating there veg as well i had them a couple of weeks now so i am starting to relax a bit more i have been feeding them every day a total of 10 worms between them at 4pm which is when my son comes home from school as i dont wanna touch them :) but they both eat all the worms within two minutes then i chuck small handful of greens in to the bowl and that useually gone by the morning but they seem healthy sometimes one or the other seems a bit miffed off but i think thats because the other one been winding them up still no signs of breeding which am happy about but if they do thats not a problem as my local pet shop can take the eggs them off my hands but the pervious owners said she had never had eggs so maybe she infertile or the male is as they are 2 years old they love being out and about exploring the house and are great to handle love them already and just wanna make sure am taking good care of them

09/20/13  10:52am

Schreechies
View Profile

Message To: Redemma   In reference to Message Id: 2301235

Sounds good! You sound like you’re doing great!
Now, beardies love treats. Yep. Beardie treats! :D
My recommendation is that u buy some horn worms from mullberry farms. Beardies LOOVE them. Just be sure to feed them separate because they will fight for them xD but don’t use them as a staple diet. As treats, maybe a few times a week.

10/05/13  04:23pm

Redemma
View Profile

Message To: Schreechies   In reference to Message Id: 2301541

as treats i give them loctus or crickets buy one tub and let them loose in there viv (i dont really wanna store them as i have a toddler who would try set them loose) they enjoy trying to catch them :), then i wont give them any more insects for a couple of days they still loving there mixed veg greens are there fav peas and runner beans, there main souce of insects is worms but i give them a varity of worms meal worms mirco worms which they love as there big and juicy and callium worms they enjoy too, its funny they dont fight over food if they eat at the same time they go to different ends of the bowl but this is rare they useally eat every other day, one day carol has the worms then the next daryl has them as they were already two years old when i got them and they already seem to have there own habbits in place which i just go along with, but they still seem really happy get fed every day at 3pm they love being out the viv i take them out every evening when my toddler in bed and let them have a run around then they have a bask when they get in and they have a bask of a morning when they wake up, give them a bath twice a week yep there doing great fingers crossed it stays that way :)

10/14/13  07:27am

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area