Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jp666   Lizard girl 4   Lizardman24   Redemma  

Member  Message

Jp666
View Profile

Bearded dragon throwing up

i have a bearded dragon i purchased at petsmart. as soon as i got her, one finger fell off, than another the next day until they were all gone. than slowly it looked as if her arm began to rot. i did not want to exchange her for i had watched her for a long time and really wanted this one. i took her to petsmart and asked what this was after about 2 months of owning her (stupid decision on waiting so long.) but they told me she had a shedding problem and i purchased shed ease. i soaked her in it twice and removed the dead skin. now it is looking red and raw. i asked a petsmart worker and she said that it is probably bear skin and should be fine. i put anti bacterial ointment on it to prevent infection. but i was viewing my bearded dragon, when suddenly she started throwing up water she had drank a half hour ago. i really dont know what to do. i want to bring it to a vet but its alot of money to find out she will just die. i have antibiotic in my fridge that are for humans, but can she take it? id love to accept help please let me know i really want to save this bearded dragon.

http://www.repticzone.net/images/129493/IMG_1159.JPG
heres a photo

03/09/13  01:21am

Lizard girl 4
View Profile

Message To: Jp666   In reference to Message Id: 2293462

I wouldn’t listen to pet store employes, most of the time they have the wrong info! I don’t know what that is but it doesn’t look good at all! I understand about the vet, but hey might be able to save her. Post this on the beaded dragons general forum and see. I hope she recovers!

03/12/13  10:00am

Lizardman24
View Profile

Message To: Lizard girl 4   In reference to Message Id: 2293602

you really need to get her to a vet. looking at the picture it appears the skin has been ripped off and the soft tissue is exposed. if not that at least several layers of skin are off. if you want to prevent infection and have it loose its arm and possibly die you should take it to a vet as soon as possible

03/22/13  05:59pm

Redemma
View Profile

Message To: Jp666   In reference to Message Id: 2293462

you could try the PDSA if you have little money they only require a small donation and are really good google ur nearst one hope she better soon xxx

09/15/13  07:01am

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area