Bearded Dragon Community Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

X]JeFf[X]   BlackBeardDragon   Rexxaroo   Wyland2222  

Member  Message

X]JeFf[X]
View Profile

Gravid

i have a female beardie who will be three in the summer who i beleive is gravid at the moment and not really quit sure what to do when i took her out today to give her a bath i notice she was a bit heavyier then ushall and notice big bulges on her belly can u guy help me out not quit sure what needs to be done thanks(i forgot to add i have not tried to breed her at all)

02/25/13  04:18pm

BlackBeardDragon
View Profile

Message To: X]JeFf[X]   In reference to Message Id: 2292727

Gravid

If you’ve had her all her life and haven’t had to her be with another male,she’s probably laying unfertilized eggs. I don’t know for sure if bearded dragons do this,but most reptiles if not all do it. Now if you got her after she was well over sexual maturity,then there’s a possibility.

05/18/13  02:34pm

Rexxaroo
View Profile

Message To: BlackBeardDragon   In reference to Message Id: 2297466

Gravid

Yes, beardies do lay unfertilized eggs. As most lizards do, they will sometimes be re absorbed.
Just keep her supplemented with plenty of multivitamins and calcium and she will be ok.
Be sure to provide a lay box, and keep the soil damp.
Use at least 6-8 inches of a top soil/ sand/ vermiculite mix, any of those will be ok.
Good luck!

Rexx

05/20/13  03:52pm

Wyland2222
View Profile

Message To: Rexxaroo   In reference to Message Id: 2297535

Gravid

You need to watch her closely also to be sure she does not get egg bound where she can’t lay, if she is straining with no results and acting uncomfortable with no results she would need to be seen by a vet, but most just don’t have any problems and then just lay them and then you can dispose of them, don’t want her waisting her time laying on eggs that are not fertile.
Trish

06/25/13  05:05am

Back to Bearded Dragon Community Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area