Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Foxracer   Anaconda5050   Edward Howard   Emerald Basiliks   Bkrdave36  
 Member  Message

Foxracer
View Profile

Crickets n water?

hi, i feed my basilisk crickets and waxworms(waxworms in cup) but the crickets are free to roam for her to hunt them. if i bathe her once a week in a different container do i need one in the tank? i keep the tank misted and high humidy.

05/19/06  07:40am

Anaconda5050
View Profile

Message To: Foxracer   In reference to Message Id: 793350

Crickets n water?

what is the lizard suppost to drink it doesnt need to be big but there should be some sort of water bowl in there

06/22/06  03:18am

Edward Howard
View Profile

Message To: Anaconda5050   In reference to Message Id: 844650

Crickets n water?

yea these guys need to bath on their own, they stress realy easisly so donít hold/ bath them your self. thats rule 101 of bassies, donít hold em! so ya they need a water bowl 24/7 the chrix are probably tryting to get some water to drink, are you feeding the chrix? and providing them with water? a damp spounge in the tank will help.

06/22/06  02:02pm

Emerald Basiliks
View Profile

Message To: Edward Howard   In reference to Message Id: 845280

Crickets n water?

get one in the tank they need to swim. to keep the crickets from dying in the water just stick a stick in the water so they can get out

08/21/06  09:55pm

Bkrdave36
View Profile

Message To: Emerald Basiliks   In reference to Message Id: 950663

Crickets n water?

A basilisk’s native environment is the tropical jungles/swamps of Central and South America. They basically live near water in the wild. (Hence the evolved ability to run on water as a defense/ escape mechanism). I keep a large rubbermaid type tub in the bottom of my enclosure with clean water (changed daily) in it for my guy to drink and "swim".
Plus I have a mistking automatic misting system that goes off every couple of hours to keep the enclosure humidity level up.

03/20/08  07:13pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area