Basilisks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Rae96   Seabass1   Seabass1   Rae96   Seabass1   Kerkvlerk  

Member  Message

Rae96
View Profile

Personality and adittude?

I was wondering if any of you have problems with your basilisks? Negini will spaz out when I walk into the room and he bit me. He’s always opened his mouth alittle and got restless when I was holding him but today he full on bit me. I was just wondering if maybe this is normal behavior?

07/04/13  02:29pm

Seabass1
View Profile

Message To: Rae96   In reference to Message Id: 2299248

is he new give it time if he is ina glass tank cover sides so he can only see out the front give him time he will calm down I had two that did that they calmed down it took a while try not to hand him until he gets used to you then try after about a week of him not running when you walk by him

07/04/13  03:15pm

Seabass1
View Profile

Message To: Rae96   In reference to Message Id: 2299248

post a pic of cage setup and lizard so if there is anything I see in your setup that will help you I have allot of experience with these guys I breed them to

07/04/13  03:18pm

Rae96
View Profile

Message To: Seabass1   In reference to Message Id: 2299250

I have had him almost two months. His tank mate reasently died and he has been worse to handle sense then. He has always gaped his mouth when handled and the pet store told me he had a tendency to freak out and run around his cage, and he does, but they never said anything about him being aggressive like his is here.

07/04/13  11:10pm

Seabass1
View Profile

Message To: Rae96   In reference to Message Id: 2299262

are you sure its a male the females sometimes do not calm down as much

07/07/13  11:23am

Kerkvlerk
View Profile

Message To: Seabass1   In reference to Message Id: 2299343

If i may be honest, basilisks are not animals to be taken out the cage, 8/10 basilisk remain skittish and very hostile. My basilisk doesnt attack me i can pet her in her cage but i dont need to try to take her out or she goes berserk. basilisks are known for their skittish behavour. so keep this in mind if you buy one.

Some lizards become tame others not if its not in their personality they will never be tame.
If you wanna try and get it to like you.

Handfeed the lizards (Dont give up after 2 tries keep it goin after a while they eat out of your hand.)
Dont make any sudden movements.
If they bite dont be scared try again after a few weeks.
Spend ALLOT but really ALLOT of time with your lizard and it will be just fine.

greets dekap

08/02/13  03:18pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area