Basilisks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Dannidoog   Tkaiser   Danilynnova  

Member  Message

Dannidoog
View Profile

Tank for 2 Basilisks?

Hi all! My husband and I are now proud owners of two baby basilisks! We think they are male/female though it may be too young to sex so I guess only time will tell. But the smaller one loves to sleep on top of the larger one! Anyway, from head to tail they’re roughly five inches, so our current tank is suitable for now. However, we know we will need to upgrade in the future. My question is where can I get a big/tall enough tank for these guys? I don’t want something too small. Keep in mind we don’t have $5,000 to spend on just an enclosure. I’ve read that you can build them but I don’t know where to begin. What size would be suitable for the two of them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

06/02/12  01:56pm

Tkaiser
View Profile

Message To: Dannidoog   In reference to Message Id: 2268559

Tank for 2 Basilisks?

A 90 gallon fish tank is plenty big I have some adult ones and they are doing good

06/21/12  09:35pm

Danilynnova
View Profile

Message To: Dannidoog   In reference to Message Id: 2268559

Tank for 2 Basilisks?

I have 2 babies too that hatched sept 2011! Love them! A 30 gallon was fine but now at 9 months old they are getting upgraded to a 75 gallon. Was finally able to tell the sexes at 8 months. The boy has an obvious crest and the girl just a knob on her head. I’ve found cheap tanks at local thrift stores and craigs list.

06/27/12  04:29pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area