Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Repic zone   Yaksha   Sinosauropterix  
 Member  Message

Repic zone
View Profile

HOW DO YOU TAME A BASILISK!!!!!!!!

I have a emerald basilisk but he is vary aggressive. So if anyone knows how to tame a basilisk please wright back.

10/27/10  07:49pm

Yaksha
View Profile

Message To: Repic zone   In reference to Message Id: 2184001

unfortunately there is no way to "tame’ a basilisk and handling should be kept at a minimum since it will just stress him out. they will get used to you over time to where you can feed them and change their bedding without them getting aggressive.

11/02/10  10:39pm

Sinosauropterix
View Profile

Message To: Yaksha   In reference to Message Id: 2185284

How you hangle a lizard depends largely on why you are handling it and how often you want to continue handling it. Many people tend to grab their lizard as quickly as they can and restrain it. This is fine if you are only handling it once, as long as you don’t hurt it. However, I find that the lizards - and this includes basilisks - respond better to you when you reach for them slowly and you don’t restrain them at all when picking them up. It might take quite a while trying to get them into your hand, and you do have a greater risk of allowing the lizard to escape, but it is worth it because continuing this routine will make your lizard at lieast a little more used to you. They tame a lot faster this way because it doesn’t take them as long to realize you won’t hurt them. My basilisk is already a little more docile and less squirmy, and I have only had him for a little more than one month.

Might also depend on the type of lizard and its individual personality type, though.....

11/03/10  11:18am

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area