Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Smartguy   87rx7chick   Smartguy  
 Member  Message

Smartguy
View Profile

Help

got male and female basilisk need detailed help on breeding them.how long should i keep them separated? and other related breeding informations that i should know

11/10/09  11:50am

87rx7chick
View Profile

Message To: Smartguy   In reference to Message Id: 2094004

Help

keep them for a year, then breed them. they need to be in perfect health and completely acclimated to their new home. how old are they?

you should not have bought them wanting to breed them right away. that was the first thing you have done wrong

i only say this to stress the fact that its very hard on the female and may kill her.

why would you do this to a reptile that is not ready?

11/22/09  02:12am

Smartguy
View Profile

Message To: 87rx7chick   In reference to Message Id: 2097543

Help

i never said i was gunna breed them right away.lol.they arnt old enough right now.im going to wait for another year. the male wasnt in the best shape when i bought him.iv had them for three weeks now and hes is alot better but they are still little and not ready.i just wanted to learn as much as i could about it beforehand.they are both a year and a half old.the females acclimated and the male isnt yet but will be well before next year.when i got him he had a mild case of mouth rot and wouldnt eat much but iv been putting medicine on him everyday and his mouth is healing quite nicely

11/24/09  08:05pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area