Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Flyspek   AshleyShadows   Flyspek   Basiliskboy911   Hey BrutusBites!   Basiliskboy911  
 Member  Message

Flyspek
View Profile

Female Green Basilisk Habi-mansion

I want to create a planted arboreal paludarium with an "in-ground" style swimming pool and a simple waterfall filtration system for a female green basilisk. The pool will take up about 1/3-1/2 of the length with the rest set up like a mossy pool-side lounge/cafe. And, of course a system of branches loaded with pothos/spider plants for climbing/basking/privacy.

I have a standard 75 gallon tank and a lot of imagination + ingenuity.

Is this reasonable? I want to make a "mansion" home for her because I am extremely sensitive to animals and have a deep love for them.

06/12/09  12:44pm

AshleyShadows
View Profile

Message To: Flyspek   In reference to Message Id: 2020938

Sounds good to me! I love it when people go all out on their enclosures; it’s just so much better for the animals.

Anyway, this forum is kind of dead..I think I’m the only one that checks/posts regularly. So if you want to discuss it in one that’s more alive, I’d suggest going over to the water dragon one. They’re very similar in care, so almost anyone there can help you out.

06/12/09  01:35pm

Flyspek
View Profile

Message To: AshleyShadows   In reference to Message Id: 2020961

Thats a good thought, Female Austrailian Water Dragons get about 20 inches (about the same as a Female basilisk) and my hubby is going to help me construct a 1-1.5 foot screened vertical extension. I love to cater to my pets; in my world it’s all about them.

Plus, water dragons are friendy and can be handled well while basilisks are mostly skittish. That’s why I’m researching for the best fit.

Thanks for the tip
See ya round
Cheryl

06/13/09  07:03am

Basiliskboy911
View Profile

Message To: Flyspek   In reference to Message Id: 2021373

personally i think water dragons get old but basilisks don’t because they are so energetic

06/20/09  04:09pm

Hey BrutusBites!
View Profile

Message To: Basiliskboy911   In reference to Message Id: 2025930

Help asap

i want a iguana what is there care cuz i want an iguana it will be enerjetic and never get sick and i think crickets are a good food tell me there care plz anyone

07/24/09  12:25pm

Basiliskboy911
View Profile

Message To: Hey BrutusBites!   In reference to Message Id: 2044555

Help asap

wow.. gottee guy. That is just gay acting like that :)

07/24/09  01:22pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area