Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Jobbyman   Basiliskboy911   BambooZoo  
 Member  Message

Jobbyman
View Profile

Compatibility

i have a young male bassy and was wondering if it would be all right to put a water dragon in with it?if not what else could i keep with it

02/15/09  08:37am

Basiliskboy911
View Profile

Message To: Jobbyman   In reference to Message Id: 1953002

Compatibility

Well um its not recommended but you could if you really wanted to but make sure the tank has lots of hides and basking spots and water sources. It is not recommended though because the water dragon might have diseases it immune to and it may kill the basilisk or other way around. A thing it could be compatible with is a female basilisks but not male because they tend to have terrotorial issues.

02/16/09  05:06pm

BambooZoo
View Profile

Message To: Basiliskboy911   In reference to Message Id: 1953842

Compatibility

Mixing water dragons and basilisks can be complicated. I have a male water dragon and a female basilisk that have resided together all their lives very well (the water dragon is going to be 9 this spring...the basilisk 8). If the basilisk is a green.....you will have more issues. The greens tend to be much more territorial than the brown basils. And will take on a very large water dragon without thought. Sex will have to be determined as well before attempting. While juvenile they may live ok with each other but 2 males will have territory problems (AS stated above). Asian water dragons can be difficult to raise and I have seen many problems with them.

I have many cohabitation settings and what I have found in the 9 years that I have been doing it is that similar species will have a harder time adjusting. ie. water dragons/basilisks or 2 differing types of iggis.....etc., than completely different species. And there are always more risks involved.

Pat my website on cohab

02/21/09  05:42am

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area