Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Basilisks Forum

Dericka   Basiliskboy911   Gottee guy   Dericka  
 Member  Message

Dericka
View Profile

Food question?

Hi
I have a male green basilsik, wexl, who is around 2 years old. When he was younger he LOVED bananas, and got them about once a week. Now that he is older he has no interest in them, his favorite food now is nightcrawlers. Is it normal for them to care less for fruits and veggies as they get older the way some lizards like bearded dragons (so I’ve read) do?

deri

11/30/08  08:01pm

Basiliskboy911
View Profile

Message To: Dericka   In reference to Message Id: 1907179

Food question?

Yes, it is normal my basilisk loved blueberries but now he won’t even touch them.

12/01/08  06:50am

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: Basiliskboy911   In reference to Message Id: 1907378

Food question?

that’s sort of a good thing he doesn’t like bananas now. bananas have a bad calcium:phosphorus (more phosphorus than calcium) ratio which isn’t good for their bones. bananas should only be fed occasionally to any omnivorous or herbivorous reptile. blueberries are good though because they have anti-oxidants. most blue colored fruits have a good concentration of anti-oxidants.

12/02/08  03:33pm

Dericka
View Profile

Message To: Gottee guy   In reference to Message Id: 1908052

Food question?

Kewl, thanks ya’ll!
I had never even thought to try blueberries when he liked fruit, but that makes sense! Luckily I only gave him bananas once a week at the very most, I eat lots of peanut butter and banana sandwiches :) so those were what I always had around!
I will post a pic of him soon, he’s a pretty boy, if anyone wants to see. I am usually on the mountain horned dragon forum, they’ve all been kinda slow latley...

deri

12/02/08  11:22pm

Back to Basilisks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area